Friday, June 30, 2006

Rain on my pillow

Song about Rain
They say we need the rain,
Say we’ve been in a drought.
It’ll make the crops grow,
Make the all the plants green.
Bring pretty flowers next month in the spring.

It’s been a long time since
The rains came my way.
Apparently I’ve been living
Too long in a sunny day.
For too long now,
I’ve been able to keep the clouds
Out of my sky’s.

But now the rain has ahold of my eyes
I wipe my cheeks,
Cover my brow with my hand
But the drops still seem to
Find a place to land
Where I don’t want you to see
This is the real me.
The one I hate to let out.
The kind in the corner eating lunch by his self
The one that won’t speak up
Cuz’ he knows they’ll all laugh.

There’s a leak in the roof
And there’s rain on my pillow.
I can’t sleep here for fear that I’ll drown.
Lay don on the couch
Start dreaming of you
Your too good for me and the leak
Found me here too.
Now this pillows soaked
And I’m still awake.
I take a walk outside
It’s still cold and gray.
It’s typical when I’m like this,
Why won’t the clouds just go away.
I’m ready to laugh.
I’m ready to play in the sun.
But the clouds wont’ leave till the last drop is done.

Don’t care what they say,
We don’t need this much rain!
The crops will grow fine,
The plants won’t complain.
I want you to come back,
And clear up my sky’s.
I just can’t sit back knowing
What I know.
Knowing the otherside.
Knowing I’m the reason.
I’m locked up inside.
Knowing it need to rain
So we’ll all appreciate the sun.

No comments: