Friday, June 30, 2006

Ode to Hong Jong

I’m taking your breakin’
As something prophetic.
I look at my life
And I think it’s pathetic.
Fool me once shame on me,
Fool me twice shame on you
Breakin it once no big deal
Break it twice, what’s left for me to do?

So I pack you up for the very last time
Don’t worry baby,
I still don’t think you’re a crime.
So many friends you’ve
Helped me to make
Letting it go too far
Was my only mistake.

I smoke the best shit that money can buy.
Still getting paranoid every time I get high.
So I quit smokin’ herb.
Quit drinkin’ and poppin’ pills
Getting my life in line,
Make up for lost time,
Payin my own bills.

Want out of debt so bad
I can almost taste it.
Took an honest look at my life
And I had to face it.
I’ve been duckin’ responsibility
So long it’s become unbearable
Leaving Isla Vista and
I don’t know where I’ll go.

No comments: